Thank you for your interest in joining AICA-USA!
Step by step guide for applying for AICA membership:
1. Complete the online application form.
2. AICA-USA will review your application and request additional information if needed.
3. If approved, your application will be sent to the International office for approval during the biannual meeting in either April or November of each year.
4. If approved by AICA International, you will receive a welcome letter and membership card.
5. Your $100 annual membership fee will become due starting in January of the following year.
Your qualification for membership will be determined through the above application process. All applicants must produce evidence of sustained activity over the past three years in one or more of the following areas:
· Daily/periodical press, or broadcasting on radio, TV, video, or digital media
· Publication of works of art history, aesthetics, or criticism
· Teaching of art criticism, art history, aesthetics, or curating at a University level, accompanied by additional professional activity
· Curatorial work and analysis for educational or scholarly ends, including the production of scholarly or critical texts for museums or galleries, whose principal aim is not essentially commercial
Upon completion, your application will be reviewed by both AICA-USA and AICA International.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
AICA supports art writers around the world through public programs and membership that includes free access to museums across the globe. Since its formation in 1950, AICA has been committed to elevating the values of art criticism as a discipline, and acting on behalf of the physical and moral defense of works of art.
AICA supports arts writers around the world through public programs and membership that offers free access to museums across the globe. AICA-USA represents the largest national section of AICA International with over 450 distinguished critics, curators, scholars, and art historians working throughout the United States. As part of the international organization, we benefit from a global reach in presence. AICA-USA is intent on international communication, elevating the values of art criticism as a discipline, and acting on behalf of the physical and moral defense of works of art.
AICA's membership card is recognized for entrance to museums around the world. Members are invited to attend the annual AICA International Congress, hosted each year by a different member nation, and the AICA-USA annual meeting, which is held every year in May.
Organized in collaboration with CUE Art Foundation, this program matches emerging critics with experienced AICA-USA members who guide them through the process of writing a catalogue essay.
A partnership between The Andy Warhol Foundation Arts Writers Grant and AICA-USA that gives art writers the opportunity to strengthen their work through one-on-one consultations with leading art critics.
Every fall, in cooperation with the New School's Vera List Center for Art and Politics, AICA-USA presents a Distinguished Critic Lecture.